Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data mining - multiclass probability distribution prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRice

Technical User
Feb 23, 2011
US
Dear All,

I would like to use a data mining algorithms (preferably a neural network) to predict the probability distribution for a multiclass problem.

For example I have 4 Classes "A", "B", "C" and "D". I would like my output not to be one single class specifically, but rather P(A)=0.2, P(B)=0.1, P(C)=0.6, P(D)=0.1 such that the sum of the probabilities equals one. (i.e. probability distribution)

I am aware that some programs like weka output the probability of correctly predicting a single, but I looking more for a probability distribution for all classed as shown above. Does anyone have an idea how this can be achieved or if there are such models already?

I would greatly appreciate any tips, references, literature. And thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back