Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Migrator & Opportunistic Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmchairJedi

Technical User
Nov 10, 2004
AU
I"ve been told by Commvault support that theyahve seen the same problem i'm having with migrator (failing to restore on cut n pastes) on other systems caused by opportunistic locking. Apparently the locking causes delays. They suggest I disable the locking - has anyone else done this?... are there any other side effects?

Armchair Jedi ~ So dense light bends around him ;-)

Hi ArmchairJedi,

We began testing DM recently both File System and NAS, however I only needed to make the change on the FSDM agent. I havent noticed any instability as of yet but I did need to make changes Trend in order for both products to play nice together.

Posting oplock info and link

Workaround for Recall Delays on Network Clients
To improve performance for stub recoveries across a network that take longer than 35 seconds, first ensure no real-time virus scanners are active on the remote client, and if so, confirm that they are not set to "scan network drives". If performance is still an issue, then you may need to configure opportunistic LOCKing to disable or reduce the 35 second default timeout period for opportunistic LOCK break requests. Refer to Microsoft KB 296264 for guidelines on Configuring Opportunistic LOCKing in Windows.

This is under release notes - not unde rthe agent documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back