Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data migration from ms access database to ms sql server 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinlebo

Technical User
Apr 25, 2013
ZA
I have a client who is currently using a Microsoft Access Database system to store data of which the system has the maximum capacity storage of up to 2 GB. The system is currently 1.4G and is estimated to reach 1.6 GB in about 6 month’s time. **I would like to know if whether does ms sql server 2012 have a UI (user Interface ) part that can be used to develop the Front-end/User Interface of the tool** **Does it have the ability to convert the current UI, developed in CLARION?** PLEASE ASSIST...

No, Sql server does not have it own Front End development interface. It is a backend for data storage.

I don't know Clarion, but Wikipidea says that Clarion is compatible with all SQL RDBMS databases via ODBC, incuding Sql Server.

It is possible that you could move the data from Access to Sql Server and with some modificaitons continue to use your current front end. But you probably need to consult your Clarion developer.

Simi

Thank you very much for that information. It was very helpful indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back