Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Merge Multiple pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellinifan

Technical User
Dec 30, 2004
US
Haven't used this feature much, but I assumed if I could output a 4up document using a single data base with each page outputting 4 different entries (page 1 would have entries 1-4; page 2 entries 4-8, etc.) Is this correct? It doesn't preview like that when I click on Multiple entries feature. It gives me entry #1 4 times on same page. Maybe I'm not interpreting this feature correctly. CorelDraw's merge with print preview enables me to do multiple entries on a 4 up layout. Maybe Indesign feature isn't the same thing.
Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks.
Dave

Dave

Yes you can do four different records on the one page. The secret is to place just ONE record, place all the relevant field headers from the database and then set the manual layout tab to enable ID to fit two records across and two down within the margins, by inputting the correct row and column gutters. It sometimes takes a little trial and error getting the gutter dimensions right. What are the dimensions of the page you are working on, and what are the dimensions of each record?

Thanks Eggles.
I did figure that out after some guesswork. (Not the most intuitive approach).
I appreciate your response.
Dave

I agree it's not intuitive, although after it actually works, it makes sense. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back