Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data logging is stopped Navisphere 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancevo1956

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2008
RS
Clariion CX3 - 80:

Hosts tag - choose one host to analyze: choose from righ click menu - Analyzer - Performance Survey. The pop window doesn't give the expecting data. Instead there is a message "Data logging is stopped".

Do I have to enable the logging somewhere?

In Navisphere, right click on the array and click properties. On the General tab make sure that Statistic Logging is checked.

Then right click on the array, and select Analyzer > Data Logging. Click Start to begin the logging. By default the logging will stop after 7 days, but you can disable this is you want the system to keep logging. You'll want to archive off the data.

I archive every 120 seconds (the default) and export the data via the navicli every 4 hours to a NAR file which I then store or 30 days in case someone claims there is an issue.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back