Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data interlinks on Ver 8.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJW

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

Started this forum yonks ago and just checked for the first time in over a year! Lots of people with lots of Aspect queries etc..

Here's one. I think this is an inherited problem from V6 ACD..When a system is recycled, unless the data interlinks are deactivated, they do not come back online without being re-created. I have seen this is V6 all the way through to 8.02.

I have heard rumours that it was a bug with the Unix table from the earlier release and that the rows get corrupted on a re-boot.

Does anyone else experience this problem? We use 3 interlinks from 11 - 13. 11 is our PORTAL connection and the other two are for CISCO ICM V4.5.

Let me know if you do..

I've heard the same stories you have, but we did not experience the trouble. We converted from 6 to 7 to 8, and did not have any problems.

Question, after re-creating the interlinks, do they stay up on a reboot, or do they still die?

It drops to Offline temporarily (as expected..) but then comes back on straight away.

As mentioned, doesn't seem to effect link 11 - i think that is significant. Original, 1st row etc..?

Possible, but it could be that the Portal server is just better at listening. One idea (though obviously difficult to explore) would be to switch the interlinks around so one of the Cisco ICMs is on 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back