Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data in query but not in form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsolutions

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
US
I have posted this in forms, but have not received an answer, so I am going to try it here.

OK- I have used Access for about 8 years and have never seen this. I have a form based on a query. If I enter data into the form, the data will not save. However, if I open the query and type data into the resultset, it will save the data.

Note : In the form, I do not get any error message. The data simply "disappears" when I move from one record to the next.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jay

I have checked them, the Allow additions, edits, etc are all set to yes.

Is your forms record source set to the query and are all your form fields Control Sources bound to the proper query field? If so, does your query have any special criteria in it?

i think, if ur acess is working well, it should be able to
save the data from the form. try to constrcut a table,
and then make a query, and then make a form base on the
query. it would work well.
by the way, the data simply "disappears" when you move from one record to the next means that record is saved. if blank apper in the next record, that means ur record is empty.
hope it will help.

Thanks to all the responses. Yesterday out of curiosity, I created a blank form, set the data source to the query, manually added all the controls and it worked like a charm. I don't know if something got hosed up using the Autoform or what. I have never had that happen before. Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back