Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data General 12/8 DG 19772

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMwFixit

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2003
US
Does anyone have users manual telling what software and serial connector used for this UPS device. I would like to see what the batteries are doing before I go and spend $20K on a new UPS device for my computer room. Sincerely,
Michael H. Weissman

The best way to test the batteries of your UPS, and I assume you are talking about a big UPS, is to mesure them with a multimeter (digital) on the different working states. That is on discharge cycle, on charging cycle, and depending on the UPS on flote cycle. To do that you should be VERY carefull, you better call a technician, it could be DANGEROUS!!!!!
If you need more info just emailme the UPS characteristics, and I will tell you how to do it.
Regards,
Jose.-

We have an almost identical model UPS (Uses the same user's manual). When the unit had a few years on it, the run time had gone down a bit, so we called Batteries Plus. They replaced all the batteries in the unit for about $500.00 andit was as good as new.

I'm currently looking for an External Battery Cabinet for our Data General 19774 because we have recently added more equipment to our server room and could still use a little longer run time. It does a great job. We don't see any reason to replace it at this point.
- jpitchfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back