Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data from Outlook to Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmcta

Technical User
Nov 1, 2002
US
I need users to e-mail me some data every week.
I will import the data into my access table.
I wish to use an Outlook form to e-mail to them so they can fill it up and e-mail back to me but I don't know how to them import the data into Access.
Is it possible? Can anyone guide me?
Thank you!

Hi

I think you need to rethink the problem. Why not get them to put the data into an Excel file and attach the file to an e-mail? Importing is then no problem. I often use Excel for reports because the user can then send the file to everyone and anyone they need to. It works in reverse too.

Thank you. I will do that.
I was wondering if it was easy/possible with an outlook form just because it would look better and maybe easier for them.
Thank you!

Hi,

I think I've seen something on this on the Microsoft support site, I can't remember where, but it'd be worth looking round for it. I do seem to remember that there are a few issues with getting info from custom fields though, so it may be a bit of a challenge. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back