Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data from One form to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

reinaldo

Programmer
Mar 29, 2001
US
I have a billing form, Form(1) with a table on it. Can open another form, Form(2) with a fee table that has the service description of the service in one field and the fee of the service in another field, click a button on Form(2) and have the service description put on Form(1) service description field, and also have the fee put on Form(1) fee field?

Thanks All

There are a few ways to handle this. A formReturn()/breakApart() combination, or writeEnvironmentString() come to mind as easiest. You can also get trickier and write the information to a text file or holding table.

Tell me which one you are interested in and I'll try my hand at some sample code for you.

Mac :)

"Gurth a choth-en-America! Tôl acharn..."

langley_mckelvy@cd4.co.harris.tx.us

Reinaldo,

You can also do this using a lookup table. To do so, you have to have fields with common names (and types) between the tables. Thus, if you have a ServiceID and a Fee field in common between the two *and* define the lookup with All Corresponding Fields (or Applicable Fields in v9), Paradox will automatically fill in the values for you.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back