Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data exchange - standardisation: issues & project management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
BE
Dear Tek-Tip members,

do you have any experience, tips or links which might be helpful while I'm preparing & planning a project to develop a data standard & framework to facilitate the exchange of (in my case pro-cycling) information (like race results,...)?

I'm not heading into XML yet... I'm still thinkering about how to organise it 'logically'.

If this is a far too general question, I can provide more information...

I'm affraid that this is a little vage. Can you be a little more specific about what you are looking for?

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Some applications, such as cargo manifests, medical bills, etc, have a standard transaction format. I suspect that pro-cycling does not have those standards. XML would seem to be an ideal solution for this. Anything else would be much more proprietary, but, if well designed, more efficient in terms of space and CPU needed.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that noboby appreciates how difficult it was.
- Steven Wright

A, I would have recommend XML as it is very flexable.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Hi - thanks for your replies... johnherman, you're right...
Probably I'll come up with more practical questions later. Actually, major concern isn't XML yet, but the organisation & discussions needed prior to that technical work-out. I'll be back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back