Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DATA control using ACCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoann

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
PH
Hi,

I used DATA control when I want to connect to my ACCESS database.. but this time I use ACCESS 2000 instead of ACCESS98 , and when I use DATA control , and try to click the recordsource in the property... there's an error "Unrecognized database format"...
how can I use DATA control in ACCESS 2000, is there a way.. please help me...

Thanks ,

Jhoann

Get sp5 To effectively improve in the efficiency of your performance, one must be proficient in the implementation of a positive mental attitude.

The "Connect"-Property of the Data-Control has to be set to "Access 2000;". That might fix your problem

but how can i set it to access 2000?

Jhoann

the Data Control has a property called 'Connect' which requires a string. You just have to change its actual content (might be ACCESS) to "Access 2000;" even if it's not in the drop-down-box of this property in the property-Window.
Another way to change it is to place code in your Onload-event of the specific Form:

(thecontrolname).connect = "access 2000;"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back