Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data control error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissyEd

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2000
GB
Hi all,

Im having trouble with the data control in vb, it links to a database called globalRec.mdb and a recordset called auth_det. 3 textboxes are linked to fields within the recordset.

I developed this application part-way at home using a different directory structure - my databasename was something like this c:\mydocs\missyed\app\database\globalRec.mdb and it worked perfectly. I have since returned to work and changed my databasename to c:\app\database\globalRec.mdb but it doesnt work. I get error 524 when I try to click on datafield in the text box properties, but I can select the right recordset in the data control properties. Im completely stumped. Ive even created a new data control with identical properties but no joy.

Other things to mention is that auth_det is linked from another database and I have checked that the link works properly. I also have the database password protected so my Connect is : MS Access;pwd=password

Any ideas ? Thanks :)

Missy Ed
msedbbw@hotmail.com

Looking to exchange ideas and tips on VB and MS Access. Drop me a line: msedbbw@hotmail.com

Hi,
Your ADO Data Control have incorrect data source. Look in the properties page of the ADO data control and change the connection string. When you choose the database field, select the new path for your database.
Sorry, I don´t speak english very well, but I wont try to help you...

Bye, Veronica
vzudaire@yahoo.com My e-mail is: vzudaire@yahoo.com

Thanks I've got it working now :)

Missy Ed
msedbbw@hotmail.com

Looking to exchange ideas and tips on VB and MS Access. Drop me a line: msedbbw@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back