Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data connection recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

malola123

Technical User
Feb 16, 2007
CA
Hi,

I have a slight idea of what this means: oRs.EOF

It is the end of the file recordset that is returned after a query. However, i would like to know the significane in using this and how to implement it. For example i saw it in this code:

If oRs.EOF Then
Response.Write "<td style=""width:100%;text-align:center; padding-left:30px; padding-right:30px; padding-top:10px"">"
Response.Write "<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>window.onbeforeunload = null;</script>"
Response.Write "<form method=GET name=""form1"" action=""create_request.asp"" >"
Response.Write "<B>Sorry, you are not able to modify this request. It has already been submitted</B><BR>"
Response.Write "<input type=hidden name='BTNSave' value=""Submit"">"
Response.Write "<input name='BTNSubmit' type=hidden>"
Response.Write "<input type=hidden name=""id"" value="""& requestID &""">"
Response.Write "</form>"
Response.Write "</table>"
Response.End
End If

what is this if statement implying? And what does the recordset have to to with this? Thanks

what is this if statement implying?

It's implying that it is server side VBScript, not javascript. You need the ASP forum: forum333

-kaht

Looking for a puppy? [small](Silky Terriers are hypoallergenic dogs that make great indoor pets due to their lack of shedding and small size)[/small]

That code is ASP. The if statement is implying that IF you are not at the End Of File (EOF) for the recordset(oRs), THEN write out the following HTML to the screen.

A recordset is simply a set of records, example query results.

[small]"I see pretty girls everywhere I look, everywhere I look, everywhere I look. - Band song on movie "The Ringer"[/small]
<.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back