Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data combination - beginner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlauwers

Technical User
Aug 20, 2003
BE
Hi,

Crystal Reports V8.5 SP3

I want to combine two data sources.
(production data and scrap data)

Production data

key machine weight
-----------------------
001 M01 100,1
001 M01 95,3
002 L02 87,5
002 L02 99,5

Scrap data

key machine scrap weight
-----------------------
001 M01 11
002 L02 23

1. I create a group on production.machine
2. I put production.machine, production.weigt and scrap.weight in the data area.

But then I get something like this :

machine weight scrap.weight
----------------------------------
M01 100,1 11
M01 95,3 11
L02 87,5 23
L02 99,5 23

So the scrap.weight is showed to many times. I understand that is is because the Key isn't unique so Crystal doesn't know it has to show it only once.

So my question is : How can I get a total for each machine with the correct scrap weight. And I can't work with sub reports because it's already a sub report.

Hope someone can help me

Thank you !

Bye
Hans

Group by Machine, insert the Scrap field in the header, and put the weight field in the details section. You can then insert a sum in the header of the group.

I suspect you could do this by using a Command as a datasource as well, unless these two tables are from different databases. You can do almost anything using SQL.

hth,
Matt

Hello all, I'm going to be using Crystal reports to connect to a SQL database that is logging data from our Mimesweeper reporting agent that scans our inbound mail. Has anyone else done this before, and if so was it very hard and can you give me some of your lessions learned ??

thanks everyone I'm very new to Both Crystal reports and SQL.

Matt

Crystal connects to almost any data source, what kind of SQL database is it?

And you're generally better served to start a new post as opposed to trailing on a dead issue.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back