Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DATA collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonWMC

Programmer
Dec 2, 2002
GB
As i said in previous message, i have a pre and post test.
Another problemm is they can do the post test as mant times as thy wish, how do i track the score from each attempt ?

thanx in advance

Hi,
you can keep each score to text file or database file

thawatwong

Yeah, I am sending to a text file. However, the second attempt will overwrite the first as i am storing it in a variable.
I need to track when the user has a second attempt at the final test.
I wonder if i can put a counter on the test button, so the second time it is clicked it records the results separatly ???

Database would be the best alternative, but could be complex to implement at this stage of your effort. You said you are writing to a text file. Perhaps you could write multiple text files (one for each attempt): FinalExamResults1.txt, FinalExamResults2.txt, and so on. You would have to write code to check for the multiple iterations, but it shouldn't be too difficult. I can assist with that as well, if necessary . . .

Just have a give a post test results a extra value
have the value add a 1 to itself everytime the button is used
then append this value to the file name

Tvalue = Tvalue + 1

writetofile ("posttest""tvalue")
i am not familiar with the code in authorware but my idea will work
you want to have a diff file name

posttest0

second try will make it

posttest1

third

posttest2

I think you have used the function WriteExtFile() to save information. Perhaps, you can try the function AppendExtfile() to create the text file and append the information without overwrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back