Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data collection on mobile device - best method please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielGreenwood

Technical User
May 9, 2002
GB
Hi,

I've not had much experience with this area and so I'm really looking for some advice as to best way forward.

We have some handheld devices (HTC HD2's) which are used to collect data on site using a specific application. I've just been asked today to collect additional data on the handhelds which cannot be captured through the current app. Therefore I need to set up some sort of data collection system on the handheld.

Can anyone give some advice as how to best achieve this? I was thinking of using excel/excel forms but I'm not sure if that is even possible.

I would really appreciate any input as it's not something I've ever looked at doing before.

PS the devices run windows mobile 6.5 and cannot be upgraded in any way that might effect the current app.

Many Thanks

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back