Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data binding problems with DTC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewza

MIS
Feb 15, 2003
ZA
I'm new to Interdev, and trying to set up a very basic database connection with DTC's.
I have no problems setting up a data environment, data command etc, and "previewing" data in IDE.
When I drag the data command, and fields onto my page, and view this page in my browser, the fields don't bind, and no data is returned.
When I click on the recordsetnavbar, I get the message "recordset is not open". Have done the obvious like ensuring properties correctly set for recordset etc.
I have also set ODBC tracing, and nothing is logged at all, indicating that the data does not seem to be "called" at all. Have also tried in Access, SQL Server etc - same problem. Security is not the problem.

Could Server extensions be the culprit?

Help would be greatly appreciated!!

>> Could Server extensions be the culprit?

doesn't sound like it. there is no mention in ur post of u creating a recordset object? -There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't-

-pete

I have created a recordset object.
I creating a data command in the development environment, and then dragged this onto my page - creating a recordset called recordset1. I also checked the code behind this action - seems to have produced code related to this - i.e.:

function _initRecordset1()
{
Recordset1.setRecordSource('DSN=sql_test2;User Id=admin;PASSWORD=admin', 'select lastname from employees');
Recordset1.open();

}
CreateRecordset('Recordset1', _initRecordset1, null);

I'm baffled.

Thanks for your help

well its been a while but i believe there is a property in the recordset object that is something like "open on load" or something like that. see if u can find that and mybe it will help -There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't-

-pete

I think I have found the problem.
I have been using a html page instead of an asp.

asp works fine

Thanks a lot anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back