Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Base connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

asha

Programmer
Jun 23, 2000
IN
Hi,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I am very new to xml,so i need your help .<br><br>My problem is,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I have to design a input form with 2 text fields and one button.here i am going to enter 2 value's and i need to store that in database.using sql statement i want to retrieve data's from a different table(here both table has a common key)I don't want to use sql wizard and stored procedure .The whole code should be in XML and i also intersted to know about ODBC connection support in XML.<br><br>Please provide a example also.<br><br>thanks in advance<br><br>&nbsp;regards<br><br>&nbsp;asha<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Dear asha,<br><br>&gt; The whole code should be in XML<br><br>I'm not even sure that is possible. The entire XML landscape is changing so fast it's hard to keep up with it and keep track of all the new products.<br><br>If there is any chance of authoring your entire solution in XML it is probably to use SQL Server 2000 which is not even released yet. Even then you would probably need some stored procedures along with the XML and that fails your criteria of the 'whole code in XML'.<br><br>Good luck<br>-pete

Dear asha,

I guess u can write stored procedures and get the values from tables in recordsets and then u can retrieve column values from recordsets and convert them into XML.

Even I am new to XML, so i hope this will solve ur purpose to some extent.

Saurabh

Hello, asha.

IMHO under win32 there are two ways to do this (without stored procs): use ADO (latest versions, that's support XML output) for access to database or use MS SQL Server 2000 (which is not even released ;))

There are some ways (pretty complex) to solve problems like it (most of them implemented on Java), by using:
Oracle xSQL pages servlet (JDBC)
Coccoon of Apache Group (JDBC)
and others...
About ODBC you may see in

Hope it will a little helpful. :)
Best regards.

Avator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back