Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data adapters in ADO.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

caudet

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
CA
I must build a new application with a existing SQL Server database that cannot be modified. I was plannig to use the data adapters and datasets to acces the data but the data adapters have a 100 column limit. I know 100 columns are a lot but it serve it purpose in creating a Crystal Report document. Anybody know of a way to get pass this?

Thanks!

Charles

I worked with DataAdapter but I didn't reach the 100 columns in a table or in a view object.
1. Create intermediate tables that have less than 100 columns.
2. Build the Crystal Report object from the intermediate tables.
OR
1. Create intermediate view objects that have less than 100 columns.
2. Load the data returned by fetching these views into DataSet or DataTable objects
3. Build the Crystal Report object in C# from the DataSet or DataTable objects. A DataSet contains a collection of DataTables objects and DataTable contains a collection of DataColuns so there is no column number limitation.

-obislavu-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back