Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Adapter does not update all rows Edited

Status
Not open for further replies.

PercyNK

Programmer
Nov 15, 2013
ZA
So long story short I have a dgv that gets data from a mysql database and I can make changes to the data in the grid and save back to the table, no problem except this: Changes made by the user on the dgv are not done directly (or manually) on the dgv, rather the user clicks plus or minus buttons and I pragmatically increase or decrease the number in a certain field called Quantity which is actually the only field that can be updated.

Now when I update my adapte command (...da.Update(ds, "salesDet")), the row I changed last does not get updated unless I manually leave that row to another row before pressing the update button. So for instance if I have 3 rows in the dgv and I select row 2 which has a quantity of 1, then I press the plus button, the quantity changes to 2. Then if I immediately press my update button while still on row 2, it will not get updated to my database. It will only work if prior to pressing the update button I leave row 2 to say row 1 or 3. Kind of like because I'm changing the numbers programmatically and not manually, I need to leave the edited row for an "after-update" commitment of the new values to fire? Don't know if I'm making sense but I'm really lost

I have tried dgv.EndEdit(), dgv.RefreshEdit(), dgv.Refresh() before updating but none of that works.

Thanks for your help

Try this:

dgv.BindingContext(<name of datatable>).EndCurrentEdit()

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Thanks jebenson. I solved it with a tip from another site. I set the CurrentCell of the dgv to Nothing to force the dgv to validate that row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back