Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data access search

Status
Not open for further replies.

austin101

Programmer
May 19, 2009
US
i need to an example code where i can search with in a databse from a specified dtae to another.
the search needs to be set up like this: Date 1 --through-- date 2 and show the report with the data in the report with the specifed dates and everything between.
hope i'm being clear about this.
please if anybody know anything just write a commet with example code.
thanks austin.
here is the datafile wich i will be importing with access and needs to search in

This is real basic stuff you should look at the sample Northwind database from Microsoft but this is what you got to do

1. Setup a query that pulls out the fields you need
2. In the date column place "between #DateFrom# and #DateTo"
3. Run the query and it should prompt to enter the dates

Test the query and once happy the filtered information comes out create a report using the newly created query!

No you are very far from clear. I have no idea what you are saying.
1. Are you sure you posted the correct data? That does not look like data, but looks like a report

2. what do you mean by search? All Tables? All Fields?

3. What does your search return?
4. Where is this done from? Within Access? From another App?
5. What is the table structure?
6. What do you mean by "and show the report with the data in the report with the specifed dates and everything between"

Spend more then 10 seconds phrasing your questions if you want an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back