Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Access Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakotaMan

Instructor
Aug 21, 2001
US
This is a 2000/2002 version question:

I am trying to develop a web page to input records into an Access table. I have created the database and have been trying to use the Page wizard to create the webform and can't get it to work.

I get a nice looking form but am unable to add a new record. When I go into help, it tells me if the new record button is unavailable then the page does not support data entry. That doesn't help me much. I've gone into the page properties and set data entry mode to true, but that just gives me a blank form, and still no ability to get the insertion point in there and add a record.

More Info: I have some lookup fields in my table, and I noticed that if I run the page wizard on a table without those, things work fine. Could that be the problem? How can I create a web form to input into my table without the lookup tables. . . one of my fields involves almost 100 choices that I don't want the user to type in!

Thanks for any and all help,
Tru

Are you using FrontPage? Funny thing, is that DB Access Pages will not work with any type of relationship. When you create a lookupvalue, the link is automatically created. (Check your relationships) If you use Front Page, I have a solution for you.

HTH

Joey
[anakin]

Joey

I seem to have the same problem as trucap and I use Front Page and I would be very intersted about your solution.

Rik Blair

It sounds like your answer is in this thread:
thread702-663631

Sorry to be so late in responding, but didn't set this to email me. . .

I was/am using Access 2002 to develop the page object, but I can use Front Page if going about it from that end is easier. My experience with these two programs is this:

When I develop the web page in Front Page it's easy to deal with but the database integration sucks.

When I develop the database in Access, the web page development sucks.

I realize that's probably no more than to be expected, but I'm an optomist, plus, I really don't want to do VB script because I'm not that good at it!

Thanks in advance. . .
Tru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back