Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data access pages security

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirHogaLot

Programmer
Jun 9, 2005
US
Hi all,
I am sure that you have received this question before but I will try it once again. I have a built a data access page and uploaded to my site. When I try to run it I get the following message:
Data Access Pages has detected that your IE security settings will not allow you to access data from a site considered to be insecure.

In order to access the data contained within the Data Access Page, you need to:

1. Start IE

2. Choose Internet Options from the Tools menu

3. Click on the "Security" Tab

4. Click on the "Trusted Sites" icon

5. Click on the "Sites..." button

6. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https) for all sites in the zone" checkbox

7. Add " as a trusted server

8. OK the dialog

9. Try to open the Data Access Page

If you still cannot access the data, it is possible that one of the following problems exist.

You do not have security permissions to the server on which the data resides.
You do not have security permissions to the data referenced in the mail.
You should check with the Data Access Page owner to determine if you need other permissions.

This site is already listed as a trusted site within my IE. Is their a security setting within Access that I need to change, or is it a server security problem. If so, what do I need to change with my webserver??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back