Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Access Pages Capatibility 2003 vs 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

alollgm

Technical User
Dec 31, 2003
US
I have developed data access pages using Office 2000. However, some users have office 2003 and are unable to view the data access pages created using Office 2000.

From Microsoft's help pages, I learned that data access pages must be converted. But there are some users that cannot convert from Office 2000... b/c of other software compatibility issues.

So, now I am trying to come up with alternatives.
1- I can develop 2 data access pages using 2003 & 2000, both connects to the same backend database. If so, how can I detect which platform the user is on? and launch the appropriate data access page?

2- I can develop a web page without using Access's data access components. If so, how do I connect to an Access database. Please note: I do not have access to a web server and I would prefer not to use a DSN connection. The database is to reside on a shared network drive. The webpage serves as a front end, connected to a backend database. The webpage will be a shortcut on the user's desktop.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back