Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Access Page Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhansler

Technical User
Feb 19, 2001
US
Boy I need help. I keep running into walls and it's becoming very frustrating. I've searched all over the net for resources on building Data Access pages. Most deal with deploying Data Access Pages, simple creation of data access pages, or bunches of dead links. Personally I would have dumped Access by now, however, this client really wants me to get access to work for their environment. So any help anyone can be, would be most appreciated.

I am trying to set up a data access page that shows a combo box with a list of Funeral Homes. (First problem: I can't get it sorted. The properties of the combobox on a data access page do not match what the help file and all the forum information I've found says. Instead of a build option for RowSource ... I have a ListRowSource with no build option.)

After selecting the Funeral Home from the first combo box, I want it to display a screen of all the deceased persons the database has for that Funeral Home. (Second problem: There is no afterupdate in the field properties of the ComboBox on the data access page so I can tell it to display the second ComboBox for selecting the deceased person.)

Third request: If any one knows of a resource that defines what all the field properties on a data access page means, please let me know. Ex: Onbeforedeactive, Oncontrolselect (there are two);OnDeactivate;Onlayoutcomplete;Onmove;Onmoveend .

This is probably cake for you all, but this newbee needs some direction and hopes you understand.

Thank you

mhansler2000@yahoo.com

Have you found any info on this mhansler? I've been trying to find info on data access pages for a few days now, and it's eluding me.

Why would you want to get rid of access? Holy tek-tips batman!:-0

The usual way to get everything in order is to actually issue a sort command on the table where the items are being kept. The sort should be done on a field you consider the primary field. Since there are dozens of sorts available to use, it is up to you to determine if a bubble sort or a quick sort, etc., is best for you. But it is a distinct separate step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back