Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Access Page combobox issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dssjon

MIS
May 29, 2007
US
I have a data access page that shows the record from a table in columnar rows. I would like for a user to be able to insert a new record and choose values for specific rows using the toolbar. Rows such as Vendor could be dell, HP, apple, etc. Whenever I have changed the text box to group filter controls, which also turns them into combobox lists of record data from a specific field in a table, I lose the ability to sort through any of the previous records and the tool bar functionality grays out. Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Thanks

choose values for specific rows using the toolbar. Rows such as Vendor could be dell, HP, apple, etc."
I don't understand your explanation. Vendor should be a field, not a row(record???)
Using the toolbar to choose values?
Do you want a combobox that will be binded to a field?
Maybe a better description would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back