Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Acceptance to Printout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scurf

Programmer
Feb 5, 2002
GB
Good evening chaps and chapesses,

I need to code a program that will read a file from disk called "SALES-FILE.DAT" , the data is already in ascending order of TYPE-CODE and pre-validated and will eventually be sent to the printer.. I am having my usual problem of drawing a structure chart, I have this so far.

______________ SALES PROGRAM____________
| | |
INITIAL UPDATE PROCESS CLOSE
____PROCESS______ UNTIL END OF FILE FILES
| | |
OPEN READ PRINT
SALES SALES HEADINGS

1) Should my update process be on a separate chart?

The main process required is to Read the field TYPE-CODE of the incoming DATA which is either a "1" or a "2", I need to code a control break when the TYPE-CODE changes from 1 to 2,.
If 1 is read then the field UNIT-PRICE (pic 9(3)v1) needs to be multiplied by the field WEIGHT, When 2 is read then the field UNIT-PRICE needs to be multiplied by the field QUANTITY.

This is only a small part of the program requirement, any help on the structure chart would be great, I am sure that I can code most of the other requirements of the program, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all

GAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back