Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAT files version

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav76

Programmer
Jul 9, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am working for a client who is using a legacy POS application based on BTrieve. I have the DAT as well as DDF files for the application.

I want to figure out the BTrieve version in which the files were created. Is there any utility which will halp me to ascertain the same?

Regards
Abby

There's not guaranteed way to determine exactly what version of Btrieve was used to create the files. THat being said, you can use BUTIL -STAT <filename> and that will show the file version (among other things). This will give you an idea of what version was used. The best way to determine what version was used would be to check the version of the engine. If this is a DOS based application, check BTRIEVE.EXE or BREQUEST.EXE or BREQNT.EXE. If it's 16 bit Windows, check WBTRCALL.DLL. If it's 32 bit Windows, check WBTRV32.DLL or W3BTRV7.DLL.
They should have versions and if not, post the size, date, and name of the file you are checking as we might be able to tell you what version.

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Also if you have the 6.15 drivers or newer and have the windows Btrieve maintenance utility it will allow you to run a stat report which will show you the version

Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back