Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAT files failed problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rufus1111

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2003
GB
Has anyone come across this in the event log before?:

"MCSCAN32 Engine Initialisation failed. Engine returned error : The DAT files failed or are missing."

The machine is a W2K sever running VS7.1, configured using epo 2.5.

VirusScan will run fine until the autoupdate happens. After it does, on access scan will fail to start and return the above error.
So far i've tried running the latest SDAT, XDAT and fully reinstalled VirusScan twice.
All give the same result: It will work again until new files come out and autoupdate runs.

It's updating from a local ftp site along with 700 other machines and is the only one which suffers from this.

Any help would be appreciated

I just had this same problem with a 2003 server running Virus Scan 7.0 NAI had me uninstall 7, reboot, and then reinstall. That did the trick for me.

They warned that we may need to uninstall 7 manually, but a standard uninstall was good enough in our case.

I really dislike McAfee. I wish we had Trend Micro in house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back