Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DASS to E1 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dairyman1

Programmer
Apr 24, 2011
GB
I have set up a DASS link going to a DASS to E1 converter box and then onward connection to a Shore Tel System. The link comes up and all the channels show idle but I cant access the route?
Any idea,s

The question I have here is if the DASS is currently connected to a Nortel / Avaya phone system?. DASS ISDN 30 was generally used in the UK for digital lines from the telephone exchange to the PABX. You mentioned "Shoretel". Is this meant to be linked via DASS?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

This is a Merdian option 11 running rlse 22 software, I am attempting to connect the old Meridian (shortly to be replaced by the Shoretel system) The customer is relocating and is migrating over a 6month period .
I tried to set up the connection between the systems as Q931 and also DPNSS but the Meridian doesnt have the packages so all I can config is DASS.
The connection is:
Meridian opt 11 DASS card to a DASS to E1 lineside conversion box then to a E1 card on the Shoretel System .
If I connect the Existing Dass line to the new DASS card in the Meridian I can make and recieve calls.
If the existing DASS line is connected the the Conversion box you can make and receive calls .
But the 2 wont talk to each other .
If a trace the channels on the new DASS link it whews i ahve picked up the cct but no onward connection.
I have never been very good at understanding the HEX conversion so when I connect the MONITOR via PDT dont understand it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back