Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dashboard Reports (“Edit” and “Refresh” buttons issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

easaw

Programmer
Mar 28, 2001
US
When logged in as Administrator the “Edit” and “Refresh” buttons are available for the Dashboard with Web Intelligence Report. But when logged in as User1 I am able to see the Dashboard reports but the “Edit” and “Refresh” buttons are not visible.

I need to know how to give the User1 the same security access/permissions to be able to see the “Edit” and “Refresh” buttons. I have this issue only with the Dashboard reports.

Any help is appreciated!

This is a huge flaw.

The Edit button only seems to exist if the user has rights to edit a report and save it back to it's location.

If they need to edit the query, they either have to save a copy to their local folders or use the Modify button before they view it.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Thanks Steve, I'm giving permission to individual dashboard reports in order for the users to “Refresh” the reports inside the Dashboard.

Thank you very much for the Help.

Easaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back