Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dash in xml schema

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutika

Programmer
Jul 14, 2006
US
I have created a basic HTTP wweb service to communicate with a end-web service through an intermediate web service(more like a pass thru).
The end-service is calling my service and the response contains xml with dashes at the beginging of some lines. Thess dashes are maknig xml unrecoginsable as xml.
EX:
- <s:Envelope xmlns:s="- <s:Header>
<Action s:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns=" </s:Header>
- <s:Body>
- <GetList xmlns="- <request xmlns:d4p1=" xmlns:i=" <a41:ClientId>007</a41:ClientId>
<a41:ClientNumber>00077</a41:ClientNumber>
</request>
</GetList>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

I get the error:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/My Document...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

Whats causing this error? How to make sure these dashes dont get attached in the xml?

The browser (IE most likely) is adding those. What do you see when you view the source?

Tom Morrison
Micro Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back