Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DarksUSB.exe virus...anyone speak Spanish??

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian32

Vendor
Mar 20, 2005
US
Does anyone know anything about DarksUSB.exe? I think it's a virus/trojan and relatively new. Someone on our network said she got the program onto her USB stick somehow. We think one of the computers she was using might be infected, but that's all we know.

Anyway, the Spanish population seems to know more about it, since when I Google the virus, I get alot of Spanish websites. But I can't read Spanish and the Google translator doesn't help much:

or here:

Can anyone translate this and give me an idea what it means? Or where else can I go to get more info?

I cant read spanish but there are ways of finding things. What antivirus are you using? Is this a home network or company network?

Download hijackthis from the link below. Choose do a system scan and save a logfile. Post the logfile on here and unless you know what your doing do not attempt to fix anything as not everything it shows is bad.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back