Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dao360.dll dependency information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloosy

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
I have finished a vb6 application and when I try to make setup with P&D wizard, the following happens
I choose Standard Setup Package as Package Type. Then after I choose the folder where the package will be assembled I got the list whith files for which the dependency info couldn't be found. Only dao360.dll is listed. I checked in MSDN and forums and decided to use the P&D Wizard to create the dependency file. I restarted it, (I even restarted computer) but after I select Dependency File under Package Type, the absolutely same thing happens, as if I chose Standard Setup Package.
Can anybody advice me what to do?
I checked the vb6dep.ini file and found the dependency info for DAO350.dll. I think this is used for Microsoft DAO 3.51 Object library, but I had to reference MS DAO 3.6 in my project. Is there a way to manualy add this info, or it wouldn't help. Can I just ignore the absence of this dependency? I'm usimg Access databases with my app.
Thank you

Well, I installed SP5, succesfuly, but nothing's changed. Any other possible solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back