Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAO with Visual C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordpad

Programmer
May 22, 2008
US
I'm in the process of learning how to use Visual C++, using Version 4.0 because that's the version I have. I'll probably soon upgrade to the latest version.
I've worked through the examples in Microsoft's book "Visual C++ Tutorials" and have reached the section of the book that deals with DAO. There, I've encountered a major problem.
I've followed the instructions (page 406) about using AppWizard to create the skeleton of a project. I get as far as Step 2 of the AppWizard, click Data Source, select DAO, enter the path of the folder that contains STDREG32.MDB (the sample database provided), and click OK. That results in the "Out of memory" error message.
Can anyone suggest why the "Out of memory" message appears and what I can do about it? My computer has 2 GB of RAM, so I don't think memory is the problem.

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back