Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAO with Citrix Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpiscit1

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
Hi everyone.

I am currently working on an application that uses MS Access 2000 as a front end and SQL 2000 as my data warehouse. The application is configured to run on a Windows 2000 Terminal Server with Citrix MetaFrame XP.

Prior to developing the application We installed MDAC 2.6 drivers on the server. Found here:

I am attempting to use code to dynamically re-connect my SQL tables back to access. However, I am getting an ISAM 3170 error.

My question is how does MDAC 2.6 relate to DAO ?
Does it matter if I reference DAO 3.5 Object Library or 3.6 with MDAC 2.6 loaded?
I have already checked the references in the system registry covered under this article:
I have not, however, tried the repair Office 2000 option on the server yet.

I can post the code used but it does work in another application at another site. I am pretty sure this is a case of registered files or versions mismatch...

I am hoping I can get a better understanding of this prior to making anymore changes. Can someone shed some light ?

Thanks,

John

Your limits are only as far as you set your boundries......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back