Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAO mixed with ADO code

Status
Not open for further replies.

APS

Vendor
Sep 25, 2000
US
I've taken over a project from someone else and the code was written using DAO. I prefer to use ADO but this is a huge amount of code and converting it all would take to much time. Can I start using ADO or would the mixed environment cause issues?

Thanks,
Anthony

Provided you fully qualified the object (like Dim r1 As DAO.Recordset, r2 As ADODB.Recordset) you may freely use the mixed environment.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

It depends whether the dao objects have been prefixed with DAO. You must prefix any ado objects with Adodb. and make sure that the DAO reference is higher in the References list than ADO (so that non-prefixed objects are assumed to be DAO). However, I wouldn't care to trust this option myself and would always go for correct prefixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back