Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAO Error Code: 0xcca

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj3221

Technical User
May 14, 2008
US
Hi there! I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this but it's driving me bonkers. I am constantly imported excel (.xls) files into Crystal so I can manipulate them, run formulas, etc. I did this on 10/30/17. When I went to do the same thing on 11/6, I got this error (and am still getting today):

Logon failed.
Details: DAO Error Code: 0xxca
Source: DAO.Workspace
Description: External table is not in the expected format.

I am using a 2003 .xls files (as I've always done). I'm importing using Excel 3.0 (as I've always done). Nothing has changed when it comes to what I'm doing and I've never seen this error before. I googled it and of course it says makes sure it's .xls and all this other stuff but I've been doing this same thing for 5+ years and I know that I'm importing the right file type and all that. It's always worked for me.

I've looked at windows updates and tried to look at anything that could have changed since the last time I did this but haven't found anything. We even did a system restore, it was a no-go.

Has anyone come across this and been able to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,

Try...
Code:
Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=myFile.xls;
Extended Properties=""[b]Excel 8.0[/b];IMEX=1;HDR=YES;""

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skip,
Where do I get to these options? Under Create New Connection - Access/Excel (DAO)? I am looking all over :). I did go under OLE DB (ADO) but I don't see Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 as an opion.

Thank you in advance!

Then what is your connect string?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back