Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dao 3.6, Win 98 and MDAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMoocow

Programmer
May 19, 2001
US
Okay, First things first I have searched alreay nothing is that helpful to me so far. Second I'm at my witts end here. And finally the problem, I referenced DAO 3.6 and found that its a far better way to store the clients data then using Binary files, But alas My program comes up with the critical Runtime error 429.

I know this is because the target machine [Win 98 Se] doesn't have MDAC, So i instructed him to get MDAC. Just to be sure I included DAO 3.6 in my ghost installer script, but still it won't run.

So the skinny:
Whats the cleanest way to get DAO 3.6 installed and operational on Win 98 and above machines? Brad,
Hey! email me any time! Bradsvb@yahoo.com

For DAO 3.6 you do not need MDAC.
The installer should pick up the needed Dlls for DAO.
Try using the P&D as a test. Create a dependency file for your application with the wizard.

[/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Heres the problem, When i do use the P&D Wizard it suggests that i deploy about 10 megs of DLLS, including Jet and "ISAM" [can't think of exact name, will post further details], But it doesn't require MDAC? The MSDN library led me to believe it did.

Will post back in 1 1/2 hour, Brad,
Hey! email me any time! Bradsvb@yahoo.com

MDAC should only be required if you are using ADO.
You see that the Jet drivers are included in the package.
You may want to ship the Jet 4 SP exe (I think you will need SP3. SP 4-6 requires MDAC for the installation though) separatly on the CD just in case something happens though. [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back