Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Damned Apples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linden

MIS
Sep 14, 1999
US
I have a lot of IMACs and PowerMacs hooked onto my server..using DHCP..Is there any way to see these machines when I look at the Network Neighborhood??

Nope.<br>
<br>
If they are shared as servers then you can map drives from your Windows machine to the Macs. But nothing via Network Neighbourhood.

Try looking into the program Dave to load on the Macs..<br>
It should let them show up in Network Neighborhood.<br>
Don<br>

Network Neighborhood is generated through NetBIOS. You would need a NetBIOS emulator for the Mac. Sounds like that's what the mentioned &quot;Dave&quot; program is. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

PCMACLan installs the Appletalk protocol stack. I've not used it for a server but many of my Workstations use this in order to see Mac's.

MacLan connect allows a PC to access a Mac via the apple protocol stack and it appears as a workgroup/domain. New versions of the AppleShare IP (i.e. versions 6 onwards) allow direct SMB access from a PC anyway.<br>
<br>
If you want to put a Mac onto network neighbourhood you do need a copy of Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back