Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Damn Registering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannybe2

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a problem with DirectShow, in running through Microsoft's basic Video Control tutorials.

These are my global declerations, which I have checked, and are sure they are right:

static const UUID CLSID_MSVIDCTL = {0xB0EDF162, 0x910A, 0x11D2, {0xB6, 0x32, 0x00, 0xC0, 0x4F, 0x79, 0x49, 0x8E}};
static const UUID CLSID_SystemTuningSpaces = {0x164EDA5, 0x6A8F, 0x11D1, {0x9A, 0xA7, 0x00, 0xA0, 0xC9, 0x22, 0x31, 0x96}};

This is my actual code:

HRESULT hr = S_OK;

hr = CoInitialize(NULL);

CComPtr<ITuningSpaceContainer> pTuningSpaceContainer;

hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SystemTuningSpaces, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, __uuidof(ITuningSpaceContainer), (void **) &pTuningSpaceContainer);

CComPtr<IMSVidCtl> pVidCtl;

hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_MSVIDCTL, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, __uuidof(IMSVidCtl), (void **) &pVidCtl);

It fails on every CoCreateInstance to create one. I get the error message that hr = 0x80040154 Class not registered.

I'm sure I've registered everything I need, anything I might have overlooked?

Thanks,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back