Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daily Scheduled Exports or Mirror from Pervasive Server to Different Pervasive Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojimuncher

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2009
CA
Hi all,

Recently started up in a new role that is using Pervasive DB to go along with their ERP system. They have a cpl servers running Pervasive fictitiously named ABC and ABCWEB. All of the main data from the ERP program is entered into server ABC Database GLOBAL but reports off of an internal website are ran off of ABCWEB. I would like to find a way to copy over a table on a nightly basis from ABC.GLOBAL.TABLENAME to ABCWEB.GLOBAL.TABLENAME so that the reports will have up to date data every morning, or if possible mirror the tables so that once data is being entered into the table on the main server ABC, that the data will also be in ABCWEB either immediately or on a scheduled interval.

I have tried rightclick exporting the table and rightclick importing the details into the ABCWEB server but it is a very large table with sales from 2013 and is not scheduled. I can use a select into statement to gather the details I need for the report into a new table, but then it is still cumbersome to export the data and import it into the table on the other server and still isnt scheduled based on my limited knowledge of the CLI. How is this generally done in psql?

Too new to pervasive to know what you might need to help me out but the Control Center version is 11.30 if it matters... Going to be changing systems fairly soon and not looking to upgrade or purchase products for the existing unless absolutely required.

Thanks!

Assuming both servers are running the Pervasive DB, you have a couple of options for creating a copy of the database. This simplest is to write a batch file to copy the DDFs and Data files that make up the Pervasive DB. However, if the files are open, that could lead to missing records. You can use Continuous Operation mode to backup the files. Once you put the files into Continuous Ops mode, you can copy the original files to the backup location, and then stop Continuous Ops mode. Something like:
Code:
butil -startbu pathtofiles\file.ddf
butil -startbu pathtofiles\field.ddf
butil -startbu pathtofiles\index.ddf
butil -startbu pathtofiles\datafile.mkd
xcopy pathtofiles\file.ddf newpath\file.ddf /Y
butil -endbu pathtofiles\file.ddf
butil -endbu pathtofiles\field.ddf
butil -endbu pathtofiles\index.ddf
butil -endbu pathtofiles\datafile.mkd

You would need to list every PSQL data file (and DDF) you want to copy over. You can put the list into a List File and pass that on the -startbu / -endbu command like:
Code:
 butil -startbu @FileList.lst

Another option would be to write / have written / buy a program that copies the data from one database to another. You can use ODBC, Btrieve API, or any of the interfaces supported to write / have written. You could also use something like the Actian Data Integrator for a prebuilt solution.

Mirtheil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back