Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daily Import Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis13

MIS
Oct 3, 2002
US
Greetings -
I need to import yesterday's data from an Informix database every morning. Can someone please suggest the best way to go about setting this up? (I'm a SQL newbie...)

I have created the SQL db and copied all existing data using DTS, I just need to keep the data up-to-date with the previous day's data.

Thanks for your help!

Travis

if you saved the DTS package, all you need to do is schedule it. In Enterprise Manager, right-click on the package and you will see an option for schedule.

The DTS package that I used created the tables and brought over all existing data. I want to only bring over the data from yesterday.

I am sure I can do this through DTS, just not quite sure about the SQL piece... I am using the DTS Query Builder to select the data and am having trouble with what to put after WHERE...

SELECT d_secs.acd, d_secs.row_date, d_secs.secsperday
FROM d_secs
WHERE d_secs.row_date=?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back