Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dailtone Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieDuece

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2006
US
So I have a CS1000 connected to a CISCO 3845 (via PRI) connected to fiber, and on the other end is a CISCO 2801 which connects to a opt 11 (via PRI). So all calls are working well except the long distance. What we do for long distance is dial an 8 (AC2) plus the number and area code 206-766-XXXX, then get secondary dial tone from the long distance network and then we enter our auth codes which is a 7 digit number. So I can dial all the way through 8-206-766-XXXX and get the secondary dialtone, but my auth code won't break dialtone, eventually timing out. Anyone know what might cause this? My head is sore from beating it against the wall!!

Reduce the EOD and ODT timers, if they exist on the Route Data Block. Set them both to 384. That will resolve the issue where you can't DTMF into the carriers auth code system.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Can I change that or do I out and rebuild?

Print the route, find the TIMR values

Then CHG in LD16 - you can do it live any time - no risk

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

When you print the route - your new 384ms values show?

384 shows for eod but 256 shows for odt even though I changed it to 384?

If you connect to your long distance carrier via PRI then they probably aren't giving you answer supervision from their system. The CS1000 won't send DTMF over the PRI until it gets answer supervision.

It's working at all the other locations.....just not the location with routers in the middle. The trunks are set up identicle to the sites that work? I just wonder if there is some other setting on the cls of the trunks since this is actually over fiber and not a T1 from the CO. The provider is giving supervision though.

Is there a chance I am limiting the number of digits I send in the option 11? If so where would I look?

Is there anywhere I can look to see if we are restricting the amount of digits dialed?

Is there somewhere I can look to see if I am only allowing 11 digits instead of 18 digits?

Sorry about the triple post. For some reason my replies weren't showing up.

You can restrict the number of digits on things like Last Number Redial or Auto Dial keys but not what you send out. If you are looking to restict calls by length then you do it with CLS or NARS/BARS.
Try doing a TRAC in LD 80 on the TN of set you are testing with. Place the call and hit enter. You should see all the digits you are passing to your vendor.

When I trak it on the pri....I just get the LD number dialed...no auth code. When I go out the COT, I see everything.

You proved that you are not resticting digits since you saw them going out the COT and all you did was swing the traffic away from the PRI.
Need to ask .... have you had anyone check your router configs at the location that doesn't work? Sometimes the problem isn't in the switch.

I see all the digitis on the COT route but not when I go through the router.

So we upgraded our CS 1000 a couple of months ago to 5.5 and noticed that a similar issue was happening. After the upgrade, the CS 1000 would not let us store our long distance codes on a Autodial button. Just stopped working, which was a good thing because it was against policy. So we never had to adress it. We are thinking something in the customer data block is causing the CS 1000 not to pass the digits on to our provider. I think there is some supervision issue because if I have a call set up to a IVR, I can route my call through just fine. But in this scenerio, the LD provider is giving me dialtone back after the LD number is dialed, waiting for my auth code. Anyone know of a setting in the customer data block that could be preventing the digits from being passed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back