Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daffodil Bluetooth Dongle 06J 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldtooth

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
GB
I have just bought a Daffodil Bluetooth USB Dongle. When I put it in a USB2 slot on my desktop (running Vista) it isn't recognised in the Bluetooth Devices page in the Control Panel, yet the Bluetooth symbol appears on the bottom taskbar, and the dongle itself flashes. If I need extra software to enable the dongle, can someone please tell me what I need and where to get it? Or am I missing a trick with regard to the settings on my pc? Thanks

The Bluetooth devices section will show bluetooth devices that are connected to the dongle. The dongle itself, is like an add-on card, not a BT device itself.

If it appears in the taskbar, then its ready to be used.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Thanks for your reply, vacunita.
I've never used one of these before - if I want to transfer music files from my pc to my iphone, what do I do? What software should I invoke? Should my iphone detect the dongle, because it isn't doing so, even though the dongle if flashing all the time! Thanks

Go to Link and read how to do it, and there are helpful videos to watch also.

I'm pretty sure that solution requires jailbreaking the phone. Whether you want to do that or not is up to you.

Basically iPhones don't have the required profile to send and recieve files over bluetooth natively.

There are however several Apps in the app sotre that will let you send and receive files over Wifi. Some also seem to support BT sharing. You are going to have try a few see which one works.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

rclarke250, vacunita, thanks for your advice. I have now given up with the bluetooth idea and am using wifi, successfully. By using the Wireless Transfer APP I find it is fairly easy to transfer files. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back