Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dadmin Password on CM3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhypolite

Vendor
Feb 5, 2005
KY
Hello All, got an S8500 system here running Communication Manager 3, installed the license file and Had Dadmin selected, but i cannot login to the dadmin account using password partner111

Any one know if they have changed this is CM3 or what the new default password is?

Thanks

Unless this is a brand new install/upgrade and you are applying the authentication file for the first time, you won't get dadmin. The license file only enables the dadmin, you also have to dl and install the authentication file.

Yep it is a brand new install, and i have uploaded the authentication file and license file.

Well, not that the simple stuff is put of the way, does the craft password still work, or did that get wiped out by the authentication file upload?

well when i now try to use craft, it comes out with a challange and waits for a responce, that i dont have, believe only avaya knows the answer to that responce

When you try to log in as craft, are you using SAT?
I believe in CM3.0 they made remote login for craft - ASG, but not through SAT

True. How much of a hardship would it be to reload the CM3 software and start fresh?

i think you need to re-install again and this time make sure they generate a new license file and authentication file and make sure the option for changing password is set to yet before downloading the file. It seems that youu authentication file was generated with new password set to no.

You must use the "wizard" to install the license and authentication files step by step for all CM3.0.

1. Try to reinstall CM3.0
2. Don't close the admin page then install lic and auth file using wizard on the first page after that connect PABX via port 5023
3. login as dadmin/partner111 and change new password
4. save translation
5. reset system 4
6. waiting 3-5 min and login with your new password

Hope it can help you

Ava88

Avaya no longer gives out the dadmin password with the auth file. You will have to send in a dadmin form signed by the customer to avaya. Only then will they activate the dadmin login by dialing into the switch AND only if you are authorized to work on the S8500. Your company must meet the requirments for IP Simplex.

Nice.... dadmin passwords on a forum.... security guys ill have a field day with this...

huffer,

it's not much of a security hole because the passwords shown here are default, used right after initial system installation. of course, any sane technician would change them immediately after that.
though, truth to say, it's a shame to know how many insane technicians are out there. :(

That is true Dwalin, Luckily for the insane techs, the original dadmin password expires the first time you login and prompts to be changed,

I got the issue resolved did as redphone said and called avaya, they dialed into the system and reset the password for me,

Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back