Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D8101 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bern2002

MIS
Jan 28, 2002
US
We are running GW6.5 and I am having a problem with one of my users clients. If GW is running and minimized on her desktop, when she gets a new mail message from anyone, an error message (D8101) pops up. When she closes the error, GW shuts down cpmpletely. If GW is not running, when she gets a new message, notify pops up her notification as it should, and she can then either launch GW from notify, or open GW from her desktop icon and read the message w/o a problem.

She has Win2000 fully patched up to sp3 (we had probs w/sp4 so are avoiding for a while). The Novell Client and GW clients are also current.

If I run GWCheck on her, there are no errors, but it seems to solve the problem for a few days then it happens again randomly.

If we do a top down rebuild on GW, it takes care of it for a month or so, but it still comes back.

Novell's site says the D8101 error is memory issue, but I have even gone so far as to replace her desktop - and it still comes back.

Any ideas what to do next? Short of blowing her account away completely and re-creating her?

Get her to archive everything, then blow her current account away. Create a new account and edit the FID on the archive with Novell's FID editor. Get her to log in and use it as she normally does for a few days, then if you are satisfied that it's working OK, unarchive her old mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back