Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D3DX9dt.lib AND LIBCP.LIB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PmtAce

Technical User
Apr 6, 2006
US
I am using a book called Programming A Multiplayer FPS in DirectX to learn Directx programming. When compiling this code I get an error that searches for the LIBCP.LIB file. At:
it tells me that Visual Studio no longer uses this file. I figured that the SDK for Directx that came with the book must be outdated and not know to use the LIBCPMT.LIB instead. I then downloaded the 2006 version of the DirectX SDK and I got a different error that said it needed the D3DX9DT.LIB file. I looked and saw that this file was in the 2004 DirectX SDK but not the 2006. I think this means that my code is outdated and it is trying to program Directx in a too old of a version.
Therefore, I need to know if there is a way to get the original Platform SDK used in 2004 so that I can use the LIBCP.LIB file. Otherwise, please tell me how to fix this problem.

if I understand this correctly, you have Sample project files still refering to files named after older DirectX version. So all you have to do, is rename the library references in your Sample project file to new file names, provided with new DirectX version.

------------------
When you do it, do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back