Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D2010 RAD Studio - Code Insight /Completion Not Working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaywarner

Technical User
Jan 8, 2010
GB
Hi All,

A little problem with Delphi RAD Studio 2010 that is killing me at the moment - My code insight isn't working at all!

I have been into Tools>Options>Environment Options> Editor Options>Code Insight and made sure that all the boxes in there are checked, with Source File Type as Pascal and Delay = None.

I have also checked that Project>Options>Delphi Compiler>Linking Unit Aliases contains WinTypes=Windows;WinProcs=Windows;DbiTypes=BDE;DbiProcs=BDE;DbiErrs=BDE.

Key Mapping modules are set to Default.

Ctrl+Space does nothing to fix this either, however, Ctrl+J does work, it invokes the Template auto complete box.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled this bad boy and i'm still at a loss as to a fix.

Does anyone know of a complete 'Master Reset' button for Delphi or any other means of a fix?

Many thanks for your help on this guys.

Kay

To close this Thread out - I got it fixed.

I have no idea how but I went and found every single Borland/Delphi/Embarcadero/.pas/.dprodj file on my whole system, including in hidden folders and in the windows registry and deleted it.

Then I did a full-fat defrag, wiped free disk space and defraged the registry and it worked.

Might be overkill but it works now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back